Monday, March 8, 2010

Warmth of the Sun

On March 16, 2010 I plan to leave for an extended trip to Arizona and New Mexico. Into the warmth of beautiful early morning sunrises and even more beautiful sunsets. When I watch the sun drop behind the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, my inner self changes. You see, these mountains were named hundreds of years ago; Sangre de Cristo means" The Blood of Christ."

I have lived with depression, loneliness and emotional pain for decades. However, in recent years I have turned my life over to a higher power. I choose to call that Higher Power--God. And I have come to understand and appreciate the power of God's Love and unconditional forgiveness.

I view my upcoming journey as a spiritual quest. An extended period of time to read, pray, and enter some of the most incredible land on earth. I will begin a second novel; one that will be set in the mountains of Northern New Mexico, and the desert surrounding Sliprock Arizona. It will center around one man's journey from darkness to light. Perhaps it will even mimic my own travels and those of others who have been born again in the light of the Lord...washed in the Blood of the Lamb.

I ask my readers to say a tiny prayer that God will protect me and that the Holy Spirit will guide my words. I will post my daily writing on this site.

Arnold H. Daner

No comments:

Post a Comment